PDA

View Full Version : Some frozen flowers for Julie

Jerry van Dijk
01-04-2009, 03:19 PM
Panasonic DMC-FZ18 on Bilora Favorit tripod (Bilora fluid head)
Leica 42 mm (252mm DSLR equivalent) with Suntec 4+ close up lens,
ISO-100, F/8, 1/10 sec.
Spot metering, EC 0, manual
RAW, minor PP in Silkypix and Corel Photopaint. Cropped from the left for composition. Cloned out OOF flower at edge of frame.

Especially for Julie some frozen flowers from my wintery back yard, to balance all those sunny looking flower close-ups taken indoors :cool:. Don't get a winter depression ;)! There's much beauty around even when everything is frozen and the days are short....

Julie Kenward
01-04-2009, 05:04 PM
Thanks Jerry! I was getting a bit blue thinking about all the spring flowers and how long the wait is until they peek their little flowery heads out again but you're right...there's plenty of good stuff to photograph now.

This is beautiful - the crystals are bright without being "blown" and there's a lot of interesting textures and shapes going on. I would suggest cloning out the two brighter areas on the top and right frame but I wouldn't touch that plant...you nailed it!

I'll go back to drinking my hot cocoa now... ;)

denise ippolito
01-04-2009, 05:38 PM
Jerry, I like the composition and the ice crystals are great!! Nice colors as well !

Ed Vatza
01-04-2009, 06:59 PM
Nice composition well executed but I would clean up those two oof areas on the UR side of the image. Everything else looks good to me.