PDA

View Full Version : Everglades Sunrise - Anhinga Trail

Michael Pancier
01-04-2009, 02:53 PM
Yesterday's sunrise at Anhinga trail. A 3 image HDR.

5d Mk2 + 17-40L
f/22
-1, 0, +2 w/3d NDG
ISO 100

I broke the rules here as I liked the sun in between the two gators

Roman Kurywczak
01-04-2009, 06:20 PM
Hey Michael,
Central placement of the sun and flares don't bother me. The gators are a bit small because of the WA lens.....but I am sure they would pop a bit more in a larger viewing......I have debated the left side quite a bit and think a crop stright up the e in michael of your signature......works a bit better for me as the cloud there isn't as interesting as the rest of them. Nice colors throughout and the HDR was blended nicely.

Rob Mckenzie
01-04-2009, 06:46 PM
Hi Michael
Beautiful HDR work. Looks v.natural. I love the diagonal aspect of the clouds. They enhance the shot dramatically.
I agree with the idea of an almost square crop as Roman states above. I think it would look great.
But I also love the original comp.
I know it is the man not the machine but how is the 5D MKII? Just from the compressed shot you have posted it looks to have incredible resolution. I would love to see any wildlife shots you have taken with it.
Rob

Michael Pancier
01-04-2009, 08:18 PM
Hi Michael
Beautiful HDR work. Looks v.natural. I love the diagonal aspect of the clouds. They enhance the shot dramatically.
I agree with the idea of an almost square crop as Roman states above. I think it would look great.
But I also love the original comp.
I know it is the man not the machine but how is the 5D MKII? Just from the compressed shot you have posted it looks to have incredible resolution. I would love to see any wildlife shots you have taken with it.
Rob

Rob, I haven't taken any "wild" life with it yet. Using mainly for landscape. It's a great machine, no doubt. I'm very happy with it.

Robert Amoruso
01-06-2009, 08:36 AM
Michael,

Roman captured my thoughts well. If those two specs in the water are gators, you had me fooled. I probably would clone them out.