PDA

View Full Version : Denali NP from small plane

JB Ellis
01-04-2009, 11:17 AM
I hired a plane and pilot out of Talkeetna, AK to fly me around Mt.McKinley. I was trying for contrast and lining up a foreground element was a challenge.

Roman Kurywczak
01-04-2009, 06:12 PM
Hey JB,
These are really challenging to do from a plane but I think you handled it pretty well. Looks like you got a few flares in the UR corner and more to the left.....but I was going to recommend a crop off the top anyway.....right below the flare and about 1/2 way up the darker mountain on the left side. This pano crop strengthens the flow of the ridges into the ice and makes the comp more pleasing. Let me know your thoughts.

JB Ellis
01-05-2009, 10:29 PM
Thanks Roman,
I had not noticed the flare. Its probably from the plexiglass I had to shoot through. I will definently fix that. I'm not sure about the crop. Maybe you could do a quick crop and repost to show me what you mean. Thanks for the critique.
Jim

Robert Amoruso
01-06-2009, 08:42 AM
I will let Roman handle the crop. I like the FG peak as it adds the needed contrast and grounding element to the image to suggest depth. Since it is closer to you, it is darker (contrasty) then the BG - using the atmospheric affects like you done here suggests depth in the image.