PDA

View Full Version : Yellowbilled Oxpecker

Victor Soares
01-04-2009, 03:54 AM
These little guys are alot less common than the Redbilled Oxpecker and can only be seen in the far North of South Africa. They are classified as Vulnerable. I was delighted to see them and very happy to get a couple of good images of the birds on an animal (I have always wanted oxpecker images portrayed like this).

All crits and suggestions are greatly appreciated

Thanks
Vic

christopher galeski
01-04-2009, 06:12 AM
nice shot victor,the colors of the bird and animal,is it a wapiti the animal,I think thats how you spell it,also I would crop it a bit on the right,thats only my opinion,but thanks for posting great shot.

Stephen Stephen
01-04-2009, 06:19 AM
Thanks for sharing this image Victor. I like the markings on this bird. The bird's head seem to need a bit of USM. Given where it is in the frame perhaps you camera focus on the antelope's fur just to the right of the bird.

I might also have tried a portrait format for a shot like this.

Arthur Morris
01-04-2009, 07:43 AM
I like the side to side COMP but it needs more room above the bird. Wonderful bird and BKGR. The head and face and bill could use a bit of work: selective sharpening, de-SAT the reds and yellows, and darken the pupil.

Axel Hildebrandt
01-04-2009, 08:26 AM
Great find, pose, eye contact and beautiful bird. Artie has covered the techs, thanks for sharing.

Joe Senzatimore
01-04-2009, 08:29 AM
I too feel it needs more room on top. Otherwise it's a fine capture of a rare bird. Congrats.

Victor Soares
01-04-2009, 08:56 AM
Thanks very much everyone. Unfortunately I do not have any more room on the top side of the bird as that is almost (cropped just below) the spine of the Kudu (soory not wapiti christopher). I also realized that I submitted the image a little brighter than it should be so I think the head and face detail is a little lost. Will take all into consideration and try a repost later - thanks again !!

Tony Whitehead
01-04-2009, 02:18 PM
Great find well captured, Victor. Agree more room above would be good but that curving middle stripe gives away the fact that you were at the top of the Kudu. Including techs re lens, camera, exp etc. would be nice.