D300
18-55 @ 52
1/800 at f 5.6
ISO 200
0ev

C & C Always welcome.

Julie Kenward
01-03-2009, 08:42 PM
Rob, I love the colors and the depth of focus here - you did an excellent job of putting the focus right on the front petal's edge. I am wondering why you chose to leave the petal on the right side in the frame, though...it's so close to being out of the frame that it might be worth either adding more of it back in or taking the whole thing out with a slight crop on that side.

These photos of tulips and daffodils are making the winter pretty hard to bare right about now. Doesn't anybody have any good bare tree photos??? :D:D:D

denise ippolito
01-03-2009, 09:22 PM
Rob, I agree w/ Jules about the petal-love the colors and details!!

Anita Bower
01-04-2009, 09:56 AM
Great colors in this image! I don't mind the petal to the right. I like the shapes of the shadows on the petals. I wonder what it would look like if you included more of the lower petal and less of the petal behind it? That would probably require getting down lower when taking the picture. Just a thought.

Flower images brighten my winter days.

Anita Bower

Mike Moats
01-04-2009, 11:25 AM
Hey Rob, great colors and don't really mind the petal on the right but also agree it would work well without it. Good focus on the front petal.

Ed Vatza
01-04-2009, 06:49 PM
Hi Rob,

Love the color. The dof is just right and I think the those front petals are very sharp. Nice. I also like the green background but I do find the oof flower in the UR just a bit distracting.