PDA

View Full Version : Buzzard

Hillebrand Breuker
01-03-2009, 05:41 PM
Today I went out to photograph geese. In the Netherlands there are a lot of migrating geeese, but they are hard to get real good pictures off. They tend to fly away when I show up...

I was almost ready to leave when I saw a Buzzard (buteo buteo) catch something. When I came closer i saw that the prey was a coot and fortunatly enough the buzzard was hungry so it stayed on the moorhen for quit a while. Enough time to make a nice serie. This is one of the pictures i could create.

5D, 500 f/4 L + 1.4 tc, iso 800 from beanbag on the ground (I was laying beside my car)

Axel Hildebrandt
01-03-2009, 05:44 PM
Great find, action and details. I wish for a slightly higher angle to see more of the prey and the buzzard's feet.

Lana Hays
01-03-2009, 06:04 PM
Hillebrand
I, too like the action and wish for a higher angle. Despite the head being down, I still see the eye and really like the raised foot/talon. Did you get any more angles or images with the head up or in a different position?

Hillebrand Breuker
01-03-2009, 06:26 PM
Thanks Axel & Lana, yes I made also images from other angles. I'll post one or two next week. Thanks for your feedback!

Daniel Cadieux
01-03-2009, 08:11 PM
I agree with Axel and Lana about a higher angle needed here. Love the concentration from the buzzard, and the coot remains add alot of drama. Croppipng to underneath the pale band above really strenghtens the image IMO - try it and see! :-)

Bogdan Coltea
01-04-2009, 03:55 AM
Very dramatic and well executed, very nice light as well.
Agree about the higher angle.

Andrew George
01-04-2009, 02:43 PM
NIce low angle and catch on the right moment...but the angle could be a little higher on this case, so you have a better view on the prey.