PDA

View Full Version : Daffodil heart

Jerry van Dijk
01-03-2009, 04:28 PM
Panasonic DMC-FZ18, 21 mm (126 mm DSLR equivalent) with 4x macro converter, ISO-100, F/8, 1/2 sec, +0.3 EC, aperture priority, spot metering. Natural light. Bilora Favorit tripod.
Minor PP in Silkypix and Corel photopaint. Slight crop for composition.

Inspired by the recent flower abstracts posted here and bad weather outside, I experimented with my macro converter lens on the daffodils in the window pane today. Tell me what you think!

denise ippolito
01-03-2009, 05:02 PM
Jerry, That's a very nice daffodil shot!! The colors are perfect! Like the DOF!!

Julie Kenward
01-03-2009, 06:15 PM
Oh, daffodils! I have another two months until I see another daffodil.

Jerry, this is really beautiful. I think you did an excellent job with the angle, the composition and the exposure. My only small suggestion would be to think about cloning out the tiny spot at the base of the stamen...everything else is so silky smooth and my eye keeps stopping right there!

Oh, what I'd give to smell a daffodil!

Anita Bower
01-04-2009, 10:01 AM
I love the detail of the pistil and stamen! Well done! Lovely colors. I agree with Jules about cloning out the little spot.

I'm wondering what it would look like if you cropped a little off the left side. I like the outer curves, but find my eye being pulled away from the sharp pistil and stamen to the left.

Anita Bower

Mike Moats
01-04-2009, 11:26 AM
Hey Jerry, very nice comp and colors. Like the DOF, this could also work as a vertical.

Jerry van Dijk
01-04-2009, 01:58 PM
Hey there, thanks for all the compliments! Julie, all these flower shots also make me long for spring or summer as well. Only all the nice ice shots keep me going! Anita, I actually tried your crop suggestion before I came up with the current one, but it somehow made a much less interesting composition.

Ed Vatza
01-04-2009, 06:45 PM
Nice selective focus; good color, nice composition. Well done, Jerry.

Fabs Forns
01-05-2009, 01:17 PM
Fantastic composition with great colors. More, please :)