PDA

View Full Version : Happy Anniversary!

James Shadle
01-02-2009, 11:43 PM
Wow, time flies when you are having fun!
BirdPhotographers.net has now been on-line 1 year.

Here are some interesting facts:
During our first year 24,271 threads were started with 187,688 Posts.
5718 photographers registered(I did not count banned spammers).
Most users on-line at one time was 480.
Our top poster was Alfred Forns (Big Surprise:)) with 10,553 posts.
The most viewed thread was Introduce Yourself from the Friends and Family forum with 7699 views.

You may have noticed that our Pano forum was merged with Landscapes.
We also merged Avian, Hand Of Man with Avian, Wild and Free to form "Avian Image Critique" forum.
For posting and critiquing avian images. Images may included minor hand of man elements. If your subject is captive, please disclose that fact.

These changes were based on member feedback and should encourage even more forum participation.

The long awaited Member Gallery/Album is being tested by our crack moderator staff.
As soon as I get their seal of approval, I will release the details!

Without Member support and our outstanding staff (Team BPN) this anniversary would never have happened.
Thank You All and Happy Anniversary!

James

Jackie Schuknecht
01-03-2009, 12:14 PM
I like the new look with the combined avian and landscape sections. Everyone may get more critiques as a result. The Member Gallery sounds interesting too. I think the BPN site and all the changes being made just keep it getting better and better! Thanks to all the moderators and people who do so much work, it really is a great place to learn.

Mike Moats
01-03-2009, 02:35 PM
Hey James, congrats on the first anniversary. To all those involed in putting this site together, great job and thanks.

Julie Kenward
01-03-2009, 02:41 PM
And a big thank you to you, James as well as Blake, Al, Fabs, and Artie. I know you all have had to put in so much time to this creative space but, without you, we'd all be out there getting the obligatory "nice shot" comments on our photos. You've saved us from enduring Artie's ultimate nightmare!!! :D:eek::D

Judd Patterson
01-05-2009, 10:46 PM
Many thanks to all those who have put so much hard work (seen and unseen) into this website. Awesome work!!