PDA

View Full Version : Ice.

Daniel Cadieux
01-02-2009, 06:07 AM
The combination of open fast-moving water and brutally cold temperatures combine to make cool ice patterns and formations. Some of my favorite photography subjects aside form birds.:) I have some with deeper DOF, but like the overall "softness" of this one best.

Canon 40D + 100-400L @400mm, aperture priority, eval metering, 1/320s., f/8, ISO 400, +0.33EC, handheld, widht is full-frame (cropped top and bottom as pano).

Mike Moats
01-02-2009, 06:54 AM
Hey Daniel, cool abstract look, and I like the deep rich color. The amount of DOF is always subjective and shallow DOF usually will works well in abstracts. I would think about cloning out the three hot white chips of ice on the upper left side. You have a nice consisdent tone going on and then these three hot spot that keep pulling my eye to.

Anita Bower
01-02-2009, 07:31 AM
Beautiful color and light. I especially like the curve of white ice. To my eye, this image lacks a place for my eye to rest. The out of focus foreground distracts me. But, that is just me. I'd like the see one with more dof.

Anita Bower

Stephen Stephen
01-02-2009, 12:17 PM
Dan nice blue hues here and the I like the smooth shape of the water smothed ice. I do agree with Mike on the three ice chips. I can just imagine how cold it was as I've been there before.

Julie Kenward
01-02-2009, 01:06 PM
Daniel, if the focus had been on the three white chips then I'd say leave 'em in but with them OOF I want to look at that great abstract curve below them but my eye keeps getting pulled away. I'm another for cloning them out.

Nice eye on this! Love the abstract and the feeling of motion!