Apeture priority
1/2500AV5.6
Eval Meter
ISO 400
Exp.0

Gus Cobos
01-01-2009, 10:58 PM
Hi Jean,
Welcome to the BPN family...I like the composition and capture. You have good eye contact on the one at the top perch with very sharp details. Your whites are pushing the envelope at 249, a tad too hot. You were also shooting in harsh sun light at an angle; thats why you have the prominent shadows with the loss of details. For your next capture, try to track the direction of the sun...its always best to have the sun at your back for even lighting...looking forward to your next one...:cool:

denise ippolito
01-01-2009, 11:17 PM
Jean, Welcome and don't be shy -this is a real friendly group-they only try to help each other. Y ou have a great shot!! love the capture-agree w/ Gus about whites,looking forward to more-and don't be shy!!!

Katie Rupp
01-02-2009, 01:27 AM
Welcome Jean! You have caught some nice action here and I think you did pretty well with that harsh sunlight. Keep them coming!

Gus Hallgren
01-02-2009, 01:54 AM
Great shot ~ I'm jealous :) Your photo would print out super as a 5.5 x 4.25" folded notecard.

I am yet to get my first Eagle capture, and your photo surprised me as a first post.

The Pros like Gus and others will always give good advice. They are a great bunch :cool:

Thanks for sharing your first post on the first day of 2009

Uncle Gus

Nonda Surratt
01-02-2009, 07:06 AM
Big Welcome!!! An Eagle twofer, how cool is that?! You handled the light well I think

Jackie Schuknecht
01-02-2009, 08:07 PM
Love this image and the action, tried a colour balance on it don't know if it looks better or not.

Jean Clark
01-21-2009, 08:07 PM
Thanks to all for the comments and welcomes. I would love to have ben able to move to a different spot for this, however it is a spot that is protected by county and you cannot get any closer and can shoot basically from one direction. Sun was behind us and it was also at the point of mrning that really was not good to shoot.
Thanks again