PDA

View Full Version : Happy New Year to All

Cindy Crawford
01-01-2009, 12:09 PM
Not sure where this belongs, but I'll put it here for now. Moderators can move if needed....;) (Maybe belongs in "framing Your Image With Words..? or both?)

This first photo is pretty straight forward. Second has been posterized, and the third has the bird cut and pasted. The Icy branch was taken with my ****ta-da-**new***50D. Love it!! :) (don't know details on the redpoll but was taken last year with 30D and 70-200)
Canon 50D w/70-200 IS f/4 L at 1/3200, f/8, 106mm

Larger version here:
http://www.creaturekinships.com/Icy.branch.poem.lg.jpg

denise ippolito
01-01-2009, 12:55 PM
Very nice Cindy-HNY to you! Really adorable!

Julie Kenward
01-01-2009, 05:50 PM
This is great and yes, I think it does belong in the "Framing Your Words" forum so others (including Lance) can see it, too. Al, can you take care of that?

This is really lovely, Cindy. The images do great justice to illuminating the words. Perfect!

Alfred Forns
01-01-2009, 09:07 PM
Image is on its way !!!

Beautiful Cindy !!!!

Lance Warley
01-02-2009, 11:51 AM
Thanks for moving it, Al.

Jules is right - this is where it belongs and will happily reside.

Beautiful work, Cindy.

I've seen some other images from a 50D and this confirms it - superb quality.

Please post more of your stuff here. We want it!

Happy New Year :)

Julie Kenward
01-02-2009, 07:08 PM
Cindy, the photo in the middle...is that a high key or did you do a technique / filter on it? I've been trying to figure it out and would love to know what you did.

Cindy Crawford
01-02-2009, 11:19 PM
Thanks Lance and all-I'll try to send more stuff and get caught up reading everyone else's posts. There have been some incredible pieces here. :)

Thanks for moving it, Al.

Jules is right - this is where it belongs and will happily reside.

Beautiful work, Cindy.

I've seen some other images from a 50D and this confirms it - superb quality.

Please post more of your stuff here. We want it!

Happy New Year :)

Cindy Crawford
01-03-2009, 01:01 PM
Hi Julie
I did this last year so I don't remember all the details, but I think it was fairly high-key to begin with- mostly because of the bright light from the snow. It was taken through a window, so it was lacking in sharpness. I cloned out a weed nearby, then probably posterized it a bit. I also just colored the breast and head (painted) as this bird was originally a female.:D

Hope that helps!

Cindy

Cindy, the photo in the middle...is that a high key or did you do a technique / filter on it? I've been trying to figure it out and would love to know what you did.