PDA

View Full Version : Bathing Beauty

Dennis Binda
01-01-2009, 11:12 AM
In the rainforests of <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comhttp://www.birdphotographers.net/forums/ /><ST1:place w:st=Suriname</ST1:place> near the Voltzberg these orange guys have a place where the dance, called the Lek. In order to get or hold the best spots they have to defend their territory all year long so they’re not going anywhere else. You know where to find them. It’s just that it’s very dark on the Lek and the canopy is not so far away which means that shooting upwards always means backlight. This guy however was bathing in sunlight which made it a bit easier for me.
btw, best wishes to you all

Mk3, 500mm, ISO 800, 1/60s, f5.6
<?XML:NAMESPACE PREFIX = O /><O:p></O:p>
Guianan Cock-of-the-rock (Rupicola rupicola)<O:p></O:p>

Juan Aragonés
01-01-2009, 02:21 PM
Dennis wellcome on board. I LOVE this species and I am really happy to see on of this beauties posted here. The light is a bit strong and lateral but I like the composition. The angle is a bit stepped too. Happy 2009!

Tony Whitehead
01-01-2009, 02:28 PM
Stunning bird in difficult conditions, Dennis. Forest light is giving a green cast. Have tried a version pushing the image away from green, desaturating the reds a little to avoid clipping. Some QM patching in the BG and then some burning of BG and perch and dodging of the shadowed areas of the bird. Not sure how this looks to you.

Dennis Binda
01-01-2009, 03:40 PM
yours looks great Tony, didn't take the time to mess around with it so thanks