PDA

View Full Version : BananaSpider

Bryan Panting
01-01-2009, 11:03 AM
Just found this site the other day, and it looks like a really great place. I am still pretty new to photography, but am really enjoying it so far. Hope that sites like this can really help me get better down the road. Here is my first post, I hope I am putting it in the correct spot.

Took this at Geneva Wildlife Area in Geneva Florida.

Canon Rebel XTI
EF70-200mm f4L
Tripod

ISO 100
1/3 sec@f9.0
145mm

http://www.bpanting.com/photos/BananaSpider.jpg

Bryan Panting
01-01-2009, 11:13 AM
Sorry looks like I botched my first posting, cant figure out how to get the thumbnail to show up, or how to delete a post so I can start over.

Mike Moats
01-02-2009, 06:43 AM
Hey B, glad you found the site and welcome on your first post. Not sure what happened to your thumb nail but hopefully it won't happen on your next post. At first I liked the first post as the darker BG made that great looking web stand out, but the second lighter BG works well also. Good details on the cool looking spider. My suggestion for next time you shoot this guy or any type of small critter is to have the subject at the edge looking into the frame, so in this image the spider would have been placed in the upper right corner so its looking down into the frame, right now its looking out of the frame. Well done and looking forward to seeing more mages.

Bryan Panting
01-02-2009, 10:23 AM
Thanks for the tips I will keep them in mind for sure next time. There were some leaves and stuff on other parts of the web and I wanted to keep them out of the picture so they did not distract from the rest of the image.

Julie Kenward
01-02-2009, 01:07 PM
Agree with Mike on the framing but understand why you did what you did. This is one superb web you captured here and you did it very well!