PDA

View Full Version : Cyclamen Abstract

Anita Bower
01-01-2009, 07:42 AM
Konica Minolta 5D, 100mm macro, 1/5 sec., f2.8, ISO 100, WB daylight, manual focus and metering, tripod, indoors, natural light from window, white foam board reflectors below and side, no flash, some cropping, post process in PS7--levels, curves, contrast, dodge and other I can't remember.

I don't like the pinkish cast in some areas near the curve of the petal.

Anita Bower

Julie Kenward
01-01-2009, 07:55 AM
Anita, this is drop dead gorgeous! You did a beautiful job on exposure and lighting.

I see what you mean about the hotter pink areas near the curves. You can try two different things:

1) Open hue/saturation and push the hue about 5 points to the right. This will move all the colors to more of a reddish magenta and take away that fuschia pink or...
2) Set your clone brush to around 25% opacity and set it to darken. Now choose a darker area on the left side and paint over the top of the areas until they take on more of the tone you want.

See if either of those gives you more of the effect you were wanting.

Personally, I like the hot pink areas because they add depth and definition but I tried both of those other options and think either of them might work for what you are wanting.

Happy New Year! You sure are getting some good use out of that cyclamen plant!

denise ippolito
01-01-2009, 09:04 AM
Anita, This is gorgeous and dreamy I love it!!The colors are great inc. around the curves.

Bogdan Coltea
01-01-2009, 12:44 PM
I love the composition and softness of this image - simple, elegant and effective

Ed Vatza
01-01-2009, 05:15 PM
Very nice, Anita. I really like the color, the softness, the curvature and the sharp edge. Well done!

Mike Moats
01-02-2009, 06:31 AM
Hey Anita, you did very well on the layout of the main line. Like the soft lighting and the pinkish cast at the very bottom is the only spot that I would clean up with Jules direction.

Anita Bower
01-03-2009, 07:11 AM
Thank you all for your comments. I used the clone technique suggested by Jules on the pink and like it better. Jules, you are a whiz at PS!

Anita Bower

Aristotle Georgiou
01-03-2009, 08:03 PM
Beautiful shot!