PDA

View Full Version : Last Sunset of 2008

Michael Pancier
12-31-2008, 10:27 PM
Went out to Key Biscayne to shoot the last sunset of the year. It was a winner. Happy New Year friends.

Even manages to get the moon and venus, although it's a tad small for the web. This is a 3 image HDR

5d Mark II
17-40L at 17mm
f/22
ISO 100

Bogdan Coltea
01-01-2009, 05:20 AM
A very simple and elegant image, with a nice mood. I like it a lot!
I notice a slight tilt in the horizon line and would have preferred to see a more prominent and (a tad) brighter foreground. Perhaps shooting from a lower angle might have granted that.

Roman Kurywczak
01-01-2009, 10:32 AM
Hey Michael,
Really like the seperation of the rocks??? in the FG. I also like them dark during these hours.....the right log? is pointing to the way distant skyline and setting sun. Debating Venus and the moon.....but it is a nice area for a magazine heading!

Arthur Morris
01-01-2009, 05:35 PM
I like everything about this one except what looks like somme human footprints in the sand. Love the foreground rocks and the log, love the sunset colors, and love Venus and the crescent moon. Way to go and have a great 2009.

Michael Pancier
01-01-2009, 09:18 PM
I like everything about this one except what looks like somme human footprints in the sand. Love the foreground rocks and the log, love the sunset colors, and love Venus and the crescent moon. Way to go and have a great 2009.

Missed the prints. Thanks Artie.... some kids were prancing through there before the sun went down.

david cramer
01-01-2009, 09:23 PM
Great colors and composition. Angles work very well. Happy New Year!

Paul Marcellini
01-02-2009, 09:17 PM
I like the arrangement of foreground elements here. Processing looks good except for the oranges, they look like they went a little nuclear. As far as the moon, I sometimes zoom in and take a shot of it to blend in so it looks about the same size as it does to the eye. The super-wides just make it so insignificant.

Robert Amoruso
01-06-2009, 09:09 AM
Good idea Paul on the zooming in. Never thought of that one.