PDA

View Full Version : Last Landscape of 2008

Roman Kurywczak
12-31-2008, 04:28 PM
Hi All,
Just want to wish everyone a Happy and Healthy New Year!

Went out with Paul Marcellini this morning to the Glades and we were rewarded with a bit of fog. I changed the AWB to shade......as i liked the sepia tone it gave to it.
Before sunrise....Canon Mark 3 with the 28-135mm lens at 50mm for 8 seconds at f22 and ISO 100. Cropped off top to more of a pano.....just felt it emphasized the island a bit more.

Michael Pancier
12-31-2008, 10:25 PM
pine lake? love the tobacco tones ....

Valerio Tarone
01-01-2009, 10:29 AM
Beatiful the reflex in the water. For the perfection: I think the grass in lower left a bit disturbing. roman: can I do here a purpose? write some technical lines about night photos.

Harold Davis
01-01-2009, 10:53 AM
the fog gives this some awesome depth! love what you did with it. one of my favorites from this year!!

denise ippolito
01-01-2009, 01:13 PM
Roman, The color tones are very nice and so is the island with the reflection-I like it alot! The fog is a fantastic element also!

Arthur Morris
01-01-2009, 05:37 PM
Wonderful mood. Does the island need a bit of ccw rotation? Would like to see it sharpened a bit more with the black a bit blacker and the sepia a bit brighter.

Judd Patterson
01-02-2009, 11:41 AM
It's amazing how much moodier the glades look with a little fog. I love this view Roman. It could use a little sharpening, but you probably backed down to keep it under the file size limit. I like the tones and wouldn't darken the blacks or up the colors...they are great as they are and accurately capture a foggy morning in the glades.

Paul Marcellini
01-02-2009, 09:13 PM
I might like this more than mine. The whole reason I suggested this area was the island and how the fog would separate it. And then I walk away and don't show that well. I like the depth of this. Too bad all the trees grew crooked. =) I like the pano crop, but not totally sold on the tone. In some of mine I emphasized the cool tones in the fog.

Robert Amoruso
01-06-2009, 09:18 AM
Roman,

Not sure I like that FG grass on the LR. Think I would have preferred a more direct on comp of the treed island with darker blacks as Artie mentioned.