PDA

View Full Version : Dry Wildflowers

Anita Bower
12-31-2008, 02:39 PM
Taken a few weeks ago in either the woods or meadow behind my house.

Konica Minolta 5D, 100mm macro, 1/160 sec., f13, ISO 800, manual exposure and focus, WB: daylight, tripod, natural light.

That one little flower to the left that is a bit separate is me--needing a bit of private space, yet being a part of the whole.

Happy New Year!
Anita Bower

Julie Kenward
12-31-2008, 03:43 PM
Me, too, Anita! Me, too!

I really like your long, sweeping composition. You've got everything that is important to the image in focus and still got a nicely blurred BG. I'd try to blur it a bit more if you can and would also suggest maybe bringing up the darkest tones just a bit throughout the entire image.

denise ippolito
12-31-2008, 10:46 PM
Anita, This is lovely-I love the color tones and the composition!

Mike Moats
01-01-2009, 07:12 AM
Hey Anita, I like this image. good diagonal positioning on the stem and like the gap between the singlw and the group. Good details and nice color wash in the BG.

Anita Bower
01-01-2009, 07:22 AM
Thank you, all! I am enjoying getting specific critiques and suggestions for improvement.

Question for Jules: What do you mean my "bringing up the darkest tones?" Do you mean lightening them? Saturating them? As for blurring, I did it all in taking the image. I'm not keen on blurring in post processing, in part because I havent been successful at it.

I'm thinking that darkening the edges might help, to match the lower right area.

Anita Bower :-)

Jerry van Dijk
01-03-2009, 03:20 PM
Hi Anita, compliments all the way! I love the combination of really complementing colors and your positioning of the flowers in the frame, which gives a perfectly balanced composition. Well done!