PDA

View Full Version : landscape at sunset

Valerio Tarone
12-31-2008, 02:09 PM
Valle stretta('the narrow valley').Alps. Photo of 3 years ago. probably 60mmf2,8. (the winter with a plenty of snow is a dead season for me). In Nikon Capture: a very slight shadow/highlights treatment and black point on the lower part to make it less dark. Glad to have your comments. Thanks. Happy new year.

Roman Kurywczak
12-31-2008, 04:19 PM
Hey Valerio,
Happy New Year to you too! It looks like you could open the shadows a bit more.....just to get slightly more detail in the lower area. The mountains form a nice bowl...like they are capturing the sky. While in the shadow highlight tool....also knock down the whiter area a bit more.....you probably lost all the detail in the compression....as it appears to be in there! Must have been spectacular in person!

Valerio Tarone
01-01-2009, 07:13 AM
Hey Valerio,
Happy New Year to you too! It looks like you could open the shadows a bit more.....just to get slightly more detail in the lower area. The mountains form a nice bowl...like they are capturing the sky. While in the shadow highlight tool....also knock down the whiter area a bit more.....you probably lost all the detail in the compression....as it appears to be in there! Must have been spectacular in person!

Hi Roman thanks. Correction of the shadows. I also cropped a bit on the left bcause I thought it was distracting.
Comments welcomes.

Roman Kurywczak
01-03-2009, 08:05 AM
Hey Valerio,
I like the little bit of shadow play that the adjustment brought up. You may want to run some noise reduction on it if you have that........but if this was an original slide.....I'd bet it was nice and contrasty with the colors a bit more saurated. I find that slides tend to be a bit noisy when converted. Still, nicely done.

Valerio Tarone
01-03-2009, 08:27 AM
Hi 1 I don't know but The cropping was'nt successfull. 2Yes, I'll do noise reduction. 3 if there's more detail is less contrasted, so I can boost the colours. Yes I think it loose a bit in the conversion. Thanks.

Robert Amoruso
01-06-2009, 09:20 AM
Valeri,

I like the rework and agree with Roman on the look of the image as it looks like the peaks are capturing the sky. Well seen composition.