PDA

View Full Version : Everglades Take off

Hazel Grant
12-31-2008, 01:52 PM
Justs wanted to share with you my first bird photo, taken from one of those everglades boats about 5 years ago. Having learned a lot from this forum, I went back to it and did some color editing, adding to the BK since the original wing was right at the edge, etc. I know some of the whites are still a bit blown, and I'm glad I've learned more what that is. All to say, I'm learning! Just wanted to share.

Gus Cobos
12-31-2008, 03:56 PM
Hi Hazel,
I like it....I am not going to say one word...:D what I want you to do is to make the corrections that are necessary and explain your every step in justifying your actions...this is the best learning tool that you will have; its just like looking at yourself in the mirror and judging your own work...after the corrections and enhancements are made, post it so that I can see...By the way not bad for your first capture of five years ago...:):cool:

Hazel Grant
12-31-2008, 04:35 PM
Will do. What I have done so far involved some selective sharpening around the eye plus some dodging to give it a more "alive" eye look. Also did some selective burning in the underbelly area. That plus the cropping I already mentioned is all so far. I'll work on it, referring back to some comments on other of my BPN photos that I have copied and pasted into a reference page, and then repost. Thanks. (Can't give you the data because it was so long ago but I know it was all on auto)

Gus Cobos
12-31-2008, 05:14 PM
Very good Hazel,
Work on your master piece, can't wait...:):D:cool:

Harold Davis
12-31-2008, 06:18 PM
that's a great exercise to go back and view your old stuff. you actually inspired me!

and if this was your first ever bird image, well big congrats to you!! well done and cant wait to see your repost.

Nonda Surratt
01-01-2009, 11:15 AM
Great pose! And a first no less.

Great exercise Gus

Alfred Forns
01-01-2009, 01:30 PM
Hi Hazel One fine pose !! Have waited years to come up with any pose close to it !!!

Was this a RAW image? How much of a crop? Agree with suggestions and one i would keep for certain !!