PDA

View Full Version : Misty Morning Everglades Sunrise

Michael Stern
12-30-2008, 07:17 PM
I am not really a "landscape" photographer however on the way to Flamingo Everglades National Park this sunrise caught my attention. Very misty morning almost foggy....All coments and suggestions welcomed!
Happy New Year to ALL !!
Best
Michael
Info
Canon 40D
Shutter speed: 1/1600 sec
Aperture: 16
Exposure mode: Av
Exposure compensation: -2
Flash: Off
Metering mode: Multi-segment
ISO: 400
Focal length: 100mm

Roger Clark
12-30-2008, 07:44 PM
Beautiful!!! I would trim a little off the bottom to place the sun at rule of thirds.

Roger

denise ippolito
12-30-2008, 07:58 PM
Really nice -agree w/ a little off bottom, I love the color tones!! Great job!!

Dave Mills
12-31-2008, 01:19 AM
Nice feel to this image. I would offer the same advice about cropping a bit off the bottom and I would clone out that little bit of branches on the right.

Robert Amoruso
12-31-2008, 11:52 AM
Michael,

I agree with Dave on cloning the branches on the right. I would have liked to seen the whole tall tree on the right but you did crop it at a good point so that works well.

I am not as sure about the crop from bottom as I can see the tree trunk details (albeit very subtle) close to the bottom. I would not crop it that lets the tree trunk fall onto the lower edge. I am not concerned over a RoT placement for the sun.

You captured a nice mood here and framed the sun well between the trees. Now all you have to do is watch the edges. Nice work.

Roman Kurywczak
12-31-2008, 01:54 PM
Hey Michael,
How'd you do that Robert??? I woke up from a nice siesta........and was going to responds as promised.......and Robert captured my thoughts right on. My only real issue is the mentioned clone of the protrusions also........and next time in the field......get the top of the tree on the right....you have nice layering going on here and the delicate shadows of the bottom.....really enhance that for me....maybe even bringing them up a hair...as you could have lost a bit of the during the downsizing........but as Robert said......Even as presented......with the clone out........the mood and look is very good.
PS Nice meeting you and your wife today in the field

Michael Stern
12-31-2008, 10:27 PM
Thank you ALL for your comments and thoughts! Note; this image is the full image no cropping...I will remove the branches on the right side....Not sure about the crop to the bottom however will look at that!
Thank you again..MUCH Appreciated.
Best to All
Michael

Jude Haase
01-04-2009, 07:14 PM
For me...a small crop on the bottom and the branches on the right cloned out. Very nice Image!!