PDA

View Full Version : Creatures of the Night

Roman Kurywczak
12-30-2008, 03:04 PM
I got around to working a second image....the title applies to both the gator and me......while I have been up for countless sunrises.......I do confess to a preference of the night. I prefer this image over the first one because it is a little darker and more mysterious. The gator is facing a better direction and he just fades to black and the unknown. A little creepy when you are standing in the water composing the picture....fully aware that a few of his relatives are stil in the lake.

I took your advice on the previous post......and got rid of the star reflections......including the brightest ripple.
Canon Mark 3 with the 17-40mm lens at 17mm for 30 seconds at f4 and ISO 6400. Tripod mounted, hot shoe bubble level.....gator flashed once......rest painted with headlamp. I was a bit further away from the gator when i flashed him.......that's why he is darker.

denise ippolito
12-30-2008, 03:43 PM
Very cool! I like this one even more- it does have a very mysterious quality to it that I like-I like that you can see the trees reflected-yet it totally feels like midnight!

Dave Mills
12-30-2008, 04:20 PM
This one is my choice of the others you previously posted. I like the way the gator's head is more accentuated and one can see more of the rocks and get the sense of depth in the water as it trails off from the gator's back. Nice one Roman!

Dennis "Curly" Buchner
12-30-2008, 06:59 PM
It had to be great to be out at night and hear all the sounds in the swamp, I sure I'm jealous.

Roger Clark
12-30-2008, 07:46 PM
Way cool!
Roger

Bogdan Coltea
01-01-2009, 05:14 AM
This is a great image. I like very much the composition and lighting.
The gator adds to an already beautiful starry landscape.

Michael Pancier
01-01-2009, 10:00 AM
is that our little friend? I love how you got enough light on the gator so as to make it look like natural incident light.

Arthur Morris
01-01-2009, 05:39 PM
Love the stars and the gator but would have liked a lot less headlamp on the rocks. Sorry that we missed each other.