PDA

View Full Version : Posting here ...

Victor Soares
12-29-2008, 08:17 AM
Hey guys,

I have a question please:

I usually post images here in order to get valuable feedback from you guys as to how I can improve my images and also if I missed something. However, once I am happy with the final results, I also try to sell some of my images via a stock agency as an exclusive image. I obviously don't want to have a potential problem if a buyer sees the image on a public website such as this.

So my question is ... once I am done with it, instead of leaving it floating in webspace, I would like to delete the image ... is this possible.

Thanks
Vic

Doug Brown
12-29-2008, 10:30 AM
You should be able to delete images. Edit your post, select the go advanced option. Then select manage attachments. For the last step select remove. We discourage people from deleting images because it diminishes the educational value of the forum. Perhaps you could substitute a lower quality version. It's important to remember that there are plenty of pro photographers posting images on BPN, but it's rare that someone feels the need to delete his/her images in order to protect them. The maximum size is only 200 KB.

Victor Soares
12-29-2008, 02:40 PM
Thanks Doug ... so you rekon there is no damage done by leaving the image on here then? Thanks.

Maxis Gamez
12-29-2008, 06:50 PM
Thanks Doug ... so you rekon there is no damage done by leaving the image on here then? Thanks.

Absolutely not!!

Ed Cordes
12-29-2008, 09:21 PM
I am proud to have my images on BPN. I always have a copyright on them and at 200K are not useful for any serious image use. Besides, the image may be seen by an important editor who may contact me RE a sale.

Alfred Forns
12-31-2008, 08:11 AM
Victor there is no down side to leaving images up at all We have been contacted for sale of images seen here. Good luck !!

Bob Blanchard
12-31-2008, 09:13 PM
Victor,

If I am reading your question correctly, you are concerned about violation of your exclusivity agreement, yes? I sell quite a lot through stock as well, and even the ones that I have exclusive content with allow for "self promotion". That's all your doing here. I only know of one agency that tries to lock the content in all the way, and they are just a Microstock agency that isn't worth messing with. If you're on that one, then I recommend dropping them like a bad habit, as they will inhibit your ability to grow your business (been there, done that...it was a MAJOR hassle getting that content back!).