PDA

View Full Version : Delicate Arch

John Blumenkamp
12-29-2008, 01:18 AM
This is an image I created a few summers ago, and have recently processed it a few different ways experimenting with the features in ACR that weren't available then (fill light, recovery tools, etc). I have two or three versions of this same image, but would be curious to hear any thoughts on this particular one...

Canon 10D (ah, the good 'ol days)
w/ 17-40 f/4 @ 23mm
1/40 f/11 iso100

Thanks for looking,
John

Roman Kurywczak
12-29-2008, 01:49 AM
Hey John,
I like the angle and comp.......a bit different than the norm...not sure but it does appear that the clouds have a bit of a magenta cast.....I have seen them look that way before/during a thunderstorm...........and I kind of like it! Goes well with the colors of the rocks. Debating the brighter spot at the top of delicate.....but it has a nice play in the lighter areas.....may have lost some detail during compression...but let's see what others say.

John Blumenkamp
12-29-2008, 10:44 AM
Thanks for the input Roman... I backed off the color cast on the clouds slightly, and the image shown is the version I'll be curious to see additional comments on, etc. Seems there are a hundred different things to try with some images.

Robert Amoruso
12-30-2008, 11:47 AM
John,

Agree with Roman. This is not a comp I have seen before so nice going. It feels a bit flat to me. I am working on a computer w/o PS so can't play around with it now. I will try to get back.