PDA

View Full Version : Delicate Yellow

Ed Cordes
01-19-2008, 05:31 PM
<TABLE class=ic_text width="100%" bgColor=#efefef><TBODY><TR><TD>I have been going through my files from this summer. this is one of the Water Lilies in my pond. I find it hard to get yellows right, but I like this one. What do you think?

1DMK2 with 24-105 @ 105 hand held. Evaluative metering at ISO 400 with EV - 1.33 at f10 and 1/500. Full frame with levels and selective contrast applied.

Thanks for looking. All suggestions welcome. </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Robert Amoruso
01-19-2008, 06:33 PM
Ed,

I like this. I would like to see more "pop" to the flower and the one leaf to the right of the flower is a bit distracting to me. I might try cropping more on the right or perhaps selection on the leaf and darking it up some would probably be better. Thanks for sharing this. I am learning a lot looking at the images and critiques in this forum.

Mike Moats
01-20-2008, 10:24 PM
Hey Ed, really nice image, I tend to like black BG this this one has. I think Roberts idea of cropping the right side is a good one. That right side pad doesn't really add much to the image so you woudn't miss it. The yellow pops nice against the dark BG. Well done.