set on newspaper for backdrop
slight crop

denise ippolito
12-27-2008, 02:27 PM
Or is this a better crop?

Ed Vatza
12-27-2008, 04:24 PM
Hi Denise,

Looks like you are having fun with that Lensbaby. I think both images are nice but I prefer the tighter crop in #2. I think the main reason is that I prefer the background just on one side of the flower as opposed to surrounding it. Otherwise, good detail on the base of the stem. Maybe it could be a hair sharper but I am not familiar with how the Lensbaby works. I just know I like the images that it produces.

Gus Cobos
12-27-2008, 08:14 PM
Hi Lady Denise,
I like the composition, I feel that you can go even tighter in frame...I cropped it tighter for you, increased saturation by 4 percent and boosted contrast just a tad. also selective sharpened the focal point sector a tad more. see if you like...:cool:

Anita Bower
12-27-2008, 08:48 PM
I like the tighter crop and extra sharpening.
When one sharpens selectively, how is it done?

Thanks,
Anita Bower

denise ippolito
12-27-2008, 11:11 PM
Gus, It looks good- I like the sharpness!

Mike Moats
12-28-2008, 07:31 AM
Hey Denise, nice lensbaby image. I like the selective sharpening and contrast that Gus added but prefer Denise's #2 crop better. Keep em coming, I like seeing lensbaby images. I have the new composer also but just haven't had time to shoot with it lately. Anyone looking to buy one of these Lensbabies, shoot me an email and I can send you a code that will give you 10% off on the Lensbaby website. mgmoats@yahoo.com

Julie Kenward
12-28-2008, 10:08 AM
I like Gus's contrast and sharpening but really like the first post. I like the roominess is affords and especially like that that one petal is doing a big kickback on the right side.

Aristotle Georgiou
12-29-2008, 09:22 PM
I like what Gus has done, but I do prefer the crop on the second post. Maybe not even cropping the top would also look good.