PDA

View Full Version : Cable Car

Rob Mckenzie
12-27-2008, 10:50 AM
I think I stitched 5 horizontal shots for this one. I left the cables in the shot as I am always amused by the fact that you are so high up yet only those two cables are keeping you and twenty five other people up there.
I can't find the original shots so details are limited to camera make and model...sorry.
Nikon D40, 18-55mm Kit Lens.
critique and comment is always welcome.

Robert Amoruso
12-28-2008, 04:38 PM
Rob,

Interesting perspective which I like. I also like how the cables are a bit to the right giving a bit of an off-balanced look. I like how much of the blue sky you have but would have like a bit more of the bottom to give the tower more "grounding".

Rob Mckenzie
12-31-2008, 12:47 AM
Hi Robert
Thank you for your comments and points.
I completely agree with you about the lack of grounding for the tower. I think in my original shots there was more at the bottom but in the process of stitching them together in PhotoShop it was cropped off.
Rob

Roman Kurywczak
01-01-2009, 10:16 AM
Hey Rob,
Interesting view and perspective. Too bad about the room on the bottom....but that is how it goes with pano's. I am debating all the room on the left.....as it is the least interesting part for me......and this would take the cables off center......although in this case i must admot.....I like them there. Would also be interesting to see in different seasons and skies.......so hope you get a chance to explore a few more. Well thought out and composed.