PDA

View Full Version : Winter Wheelbarrow

David Kennedy
12-27-2008, 04:56 AM
I tend to make a lot of abstract images when I'm testing out a new tool, as was the case the other day with the Panasonic G1, a "micro four thirds" camera. (Holy smokes is it tiny!!!)

This is a wheelbarrow my dad has stored outside, and has become covered in snow and ice. I think this image looks a bit like "Alien," but maybe that's just me!

Note that the right side was against the house, in relative shadow to the left, which was more open to the diffused light on the partly sunny day--not as diffuse as a truly overcast day. I've tried to tone down the left with some brush adjustments in Lightroom, but they're probably not perfect.

Panasonic G1 + 14-45mm lens @ 35mm (70mm effective)
1/60 sec. @ f/5.6, ISO 400

Alfred Forns
12-27-2008, 05:05 AM
Looks cold David !!! Sort of difficult to get creative under those conditions Sweet image !!! ..... I'm sure Keith is staying inside and warm :)

Gus Cobos
12-27-2008, 06:57 AM
When I first saw it, I though it was a telephone or electric pole...:eek:I like it Dave, Its a cool image...boy, it sure looks cold...thanks for sharing...:cool:

Judy Lynn Malloch
12-31-2008, 12:45 PM
What a cool image. Sure does make me feel cold though David but a great eye to see this !!!!

Julie Kenward
01-02-2009, 12:56 PM
Wow...never been so happy to be west of Columbia before! You've got some major ice going on around there!