PDA

View Full Version : Liquid Resizing

Jody Melanson
01-19-2008, 04:26 PM
onOne Software, Inc., announces today the technology acquisition of Liquid Resize which introduces a ground-breaking new way to resize images using a technique known as "seam carving" to reduce the distortion that typically occurs when manipulating the aspect ratio of an image.

Blurb here:

http://www.ononesoftware.com/press/release331_20080117.php

Watch the video about it here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qadw0BRKeMk

This could very bad for people stealing our images, resizing to whatever size they want and printing, etc...

What do you think? How can we protect ourselves from this? If you put a watermark across your image, you can easily get rid of that also with this new software. (you'll see in the video)

James Prudente
01-19-2008, 05:34 PM
Register your images with the Copyright office and be agressive with anyone who steals an image. Stopping someone from downloading an image and using it for wallpaper or a print on their wall is virtually impossible.

Jim

Peter Hawrylyshyn
01-19-2008, 05:50 PM
jody -
i appreciate your concerns
but if you watch the video - - amazing software which will dramatically change editing techniques if it's as good as it looks

Jody Melanson
01-19-2008, 06:05 PM
jody -
i appreciate your concerns
but if you watch the video - - amazing software which will dramatically change editing techniques if it's as good as it looks

I hear you on the good side to it. Think of adding canvas as a thing of the past! Removing branches, etc...will become quite simple if it works as promised.

Beta supposed to be out in a week or two. Looking forward to trying it.

Ed Prete
01-19-2008, 07:04 PM
The video illustrating the seam carving concept is of different people. It's actually of Shai Avidan and Ariel Shamir, and were both hired by Adobe Systems almost immediately after this was done.

Jim Poor
01-22-2008, 09:14 AM
Wow! That's way cool. The Kirmit the Frog in puberty voice on the video not with standing, I was amazed.