PDA

View Full Version : Frosty Apples

Cindy Crawford
12-26-2008, 06:04 PM
Hi
I don't do much Macro stuff, but had fun with this one- We had a major ice storm a few weeks ago- power outages, downed trees, etc. A terrible but beautiful event.
Enjoy!
Comments most welcome.
Canon 50D, 70-200L f4, iso 200 f 5.6 1/800

P.S. Will also post this (altered) in the Out-of the-box forum- not sure which I prefer

denise ippolito
12-26-2008, 06:43 PM
Cindy, You are so creative-can't wait to see your post in OOTB! I like this interesting composition-love the icicles and the apples together-has nice dimension- and I like the color palette

Julie Kenward
12-26-2008, 06:48 PM
Oh my gosh, you were in that mess of an ice storm, weren't you? My heart goes out to you. We went through a bad one a few years back and I still cringe when I hear the word "ice."

As for the photo...excellent! I love how 3D it looks and really like how crystal clear you got the ice - excellent exposure! I would try to tone down the hot spots on the right sides of the fruits if you are so inclined. I think that would add even more to this beautiful image.

Gus Cobos
12-26-2008, 08:47 PM
Excellent Cindy,
The composition, image and exposure is superb...I like the ice on the apples, they have a natural frosty glaze to them. I like the depth of field, it gives the composition a 3-d effect...well done...:cool:

Ed Vatza
12-27-2008, 04:34 PM
Cindy, I pretty much agree with everything above. I love the composition and detail of the subject apples and icicles. And the depth of field does almost lift the subject right off the page. The only thing that bothers me, a little but it does bother me, is the background. I know it sort of repeats the main subject but it just seems a tad bit too busy for my taste. But that may just be me.

Anita Bower
12-27-2008, 08:51 PM
I like the colors and how the apples seem to pop off the page!

Anita Bower

Mike Moats
12-28-2008, 05:03 PM
Hey Cindy, very nice contrast in the subjects. Good comp and details. Well done.