D300
1/8 at f 9.0
Lens: 18-55 f 3.5/5.6
Focal Length 40mm
ISO 200
0ev

Julie Kenward
12-26-2008, 07:11 PM
Rob, I like this as presented but wondered if I could get a bit more detail out of it with a shadow/highlight adjustment. I let it open at the default settings and now I can see all the fog rising off the surface of the water. Give it a try!

I really like the sweeping line of the trees and the way the clouds counterbalance the treeline. Nicely done.

Roman Kurywczak
12-26-2008, 10:02 PM
Hey Rob,
Way to get out there in the sweet light! I would definitely check into Jules suggestion....as this would only add another dimension. Some people do not like the "ink blot" look.......but I actually like them very much. You have a very nice curve to the silhouette and the colors are very dramatic. Like I said.....not everyone will like such a strong silhouette.......so while in the field you should definitely explore other possibilities as a way of expanding your portfolio. This is still very nicely done.

Robert Amoruso
12-28-2008, 04:43 PM
Rob,

I agree with Julie and Roman.

Never heard of the "ink blot" term but understand Roman's comment. I too am OK with it if you have an interesting line to that "ink blot" like we have here with the trees.