PDA

View Full Version : Wader Pano

Rosl Roessner
12-26-2008, 06:44 AM
I made this image of the little waders (most of them were curlew sandpipers) in south africa.

Mark III / Canon 500 mm
1/30 sec / f 22 /ISO 200

denise ippolito
12-26-2008, 11:05 PM
Rosl, This is very nice-I would like to see you crop below the blue band-I think it's distracting -I think that would bring your focus more on the birds! Because they are so interesting to look at!

David Kennedy
12-27-2008, 02:04 AM
Rosl,
I really like the idea of this image, but I don't feel that the blurred birds have enough "weight" to them to hold my interest. I think that they feel distant, like they don't dominate enough of the frame. (I realize that you were effectively using a 650mm lens!)

Denise's suggestion of a crop might help, as would some work on the contrast, possibly to darken the water and lighten the birds to make them "pop" a little more?

Robert Amoruso
12-28-2008, 04:31 PM
Rosl,

I agree with the previous comments that the idea is good but the bird's presence in the image is too small. I downloaded it and (a) cropped it, (b) Levels adjustment to increase the tonal range, (c) Medium Contrast preset in Curves, and (d) desaturated the colors a bit.

PSCS3 used. Great blur that I think is enhanced with the above. Nice work with the big lens.

Roman Kurywczak
01-01-2009, 10:10 AM
Hi Rosl,
I feel that most pano's presented here.....lose quite a bit of thier impact when presented for the web. I agree with the above comments that the birds lost some of thier impact and do like how Robert brought them up some. I especially like the dark band removal with the crop..so I would at least try that on your original version.....it gives the blur more of a flow......but would have been curious to see the 2 side by in large print format.