PDA

View Full Version : Deleting Metadata

Lance Warley
12-25-2008, 01:52 PM
Is there a CS3 command to delete metadata?

Thanks and Merry Christmas.

William Malacarne
12-25-2008, 06:55 PM
See if this helps.....
http://roguebutterfly.com/documents/SaveForWeb.pdf

Bill

Robert O'Toole
12-25-2008, 08:09 PM
Hi Lance, i dont know of any quick and easy shortcut, you could just create a new blank metadata preset and create an action and use a F key. Or for numbers of images you could use image processor or batch to save over all the images in a folder with that action.

Save for web will remove it, but it will not work with large files.

Robert

Sandra Nykerk
12-26-2008, 11:04 AM
Lance, the easiest way is to open the document that you want to strip out the metadata. Now open a New Document (Ctl-N on a PC). Go to the dropdown menu under Presets and you will see your open document as one of the presets. Click on it and it will set the new document parameters to match your open document. Now go to the Open Document, click Select All (CTL-A on a PC), get the Move tool, and drag your image into the New Document. If you hold down the shift key at the same time, it will automatically center the image. Name and save and you will find all metadata is gone. I then add my copyright information back into the document. I know it seems like a lot of steps but once you have it down, you can whip through it pretty quickly.

Hope this helps,
Sandra

Lance Warley
12-26-2008, 11:22 AM
Thanks for the multiple options, everyone!