PDA

View Full Version : Noise Ninja

Jackie Schuknecht
12-25-2008, 09:02 AM
Does anyone calibrate Noise Ninja for their particular camera using the colour chart provided in the program, or just use it as is.

Dan Brown
12-25-2008, 09:24 AM
Merry Christmas Jackie! I use Noise Ninja in auto sometimes but mainly I use the profiles for my camera body (Nikon D200). I'm not sure, but I think you can download the profiles for your particular camera at the www that you downloaded the program, then install them and when you open the program with an image, you click on "profiles" in the upper left and click "load profiles". When you do this, your profiles will be displayed in a browser window. I just select the profile for the ISO the image was shot at and double click it, this loads it. From there I adjust the filters if needed. Hope this helps.

Jackie Schuknecht
12-25-2008, 10:16 PM
Thanks Dan, Merry Christmas to you too. Thanks for your answer. Saved me hours of work!

Kerry Perkins
12-27-2008, 12:08 AM
Hi Jackie, and Merry Christmas.

I use the profile I downloaded from their site for my 400D, but had to create profiles for the 50D since they aren't posted yet. Keep meaning to send mine in... I shot slightly OOF full-frame shots of the test pattern and followed the instructions for making the profiles. This method seems to yield consistent results for me.

Jackie Schuknecht
12-27-2008, 08:54 AM
Thanks Kerry!

Ed Cordes
12-29-2008, 10:05 PM
I think the downloadable profiles are for jpeg only. I create my own for the RAW images and use NN prior to converting to TIFF.