PDA

View Full Version : Egrets Dancing

Kerry Perkins
12-24-2008, 11:39 PM
Hello all, and best wishes for the holiday season!

I submit this image more as an artistic offering for the season than a technically correct image. I'm aware of the over-exposure areas and the almost total lack of saturation, but this picture makes me feel good when I look at it and I wanted to share that with the group.

Canon 50D, EF70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM +1.4x at 280mm, ISO 400 f/5.6@1/3200 sec, spot metering with 0 exposure compensation, no flash
Converted from 15mp RAW with DPP, then PS work

Desmond Chan
12-24-2008, 11:49 PM
It does look like they were having a good time. Agreed with you about the hot areas, but the under-wing areas look nice.

Thanks for sharing and Happy Holidays to you !

Nonda Surratt
12-25-2008, 06:12 AM
Agree with Desmond..

Happy Holidays!

Alfred Forns
12-25-2008, 08:37 AM
That is what its all about Kerry !!!!! Fully agree with you and that is what I try doing making pictures that make me feel good !!!

... now if you can incorporate all the little things that go for making them even technically good ... then so much the better.

If you are walking around waiting for action with clear sunny skies perhaps you should be in manual with a -1 over ambient waiting for white birds.... keeping in mind if a darker animal shows you need to add a little light. As long as the light is constant you will be fine and ready !!! Make lots of images even is they will be deleted in camera to check the histogram and see how well you are guessing !!!

As presented I like the action, great wing positions and both moving into you !! Would rather have some separation but with such action is pure luck and making lots of frames !!!

Jackie Schuknecht
12-25-2008, 09:14 AM
Great capture Kerry. It definitely is a feel good pic. The side-lighting shows off the feather detail. So hard to get a pic with everything working together, and good advice given by Al. And good luck, I hope you get some more opportunities to get another shot like this with the light working for you!

Gus Cobos
12-25-2008, 10:53 AM
Hi Kerry,
Agree with Mr. Forns' comments...I like the composition and it feels good...looking forward to your next one...:cool:

denise ippolito
12-25-2008, 08:07 PM
Kerry, Thanks for sharing! a feel good image for sure!I think the wings look great!