PDA

View Full Version : Purity

Ed Vatza
12-24-2008, 05:47 PM
A white rose means purity and innocence.

I have several different compositions but I have a strong preference for the square.

Canon 30D w/ remote shutter release; Sigma 150mm Macro lens; Canon 430EX Flash w/LumiQuest Lightbox; 60W incandescent lamp; Manfrotto tripod and ballhead w/ Novoflex focusing rail... and a partridge in a pear tree! :D

0.6 sec @ f/22; ISO 800; +2 EV; AWB; FEC -1

Dave Mills
12-24-2008, 06:11 PM
Hi Ed....you have a very nice image here. You picked a nice specimen with good light and got in very close. The image has a bit of softness which happens to be appealing to me and the heart of the flower is a bit off center which compositionally works more times than not. Good job!!

Roman Kurywczak
12-25-2008, 10:43 AM
Hey Ed,
I too like the softness....as it suits the subject well.....not sure the squre crop is my favorite......but you said you had others........so this looks to be a nice sequence and it was handled very well. Glad to see you exploring those multiple comps!

denise ippolito
12-25-2008, 07:56 PM
Ed, I love the softness and the colors-the white kissed w/ a buttery color is perfect- I am not a fan of sq. crops -but I think the colors are so nice I didn't notice-well done!

Julie Kenward
12-26-2008, 12:43 PM
I'm good with a square crop and I love the buttery softness of the white in this. My one little suggestion would be to clean up the URC where the petal's edge meets the frame. Leave it in or take it out - I find it distracting "riding the rail."

Another beautiful rose image...are you going to make me go buy more???

Mike Moats
12-26-2008, 02:55 PM
Hey Ed, I really like the comp and lighting on this one. The limit color looks great also. As far as the crop goes, I think it works fine as is, but I think most go for the more conventional retangle look. Well done.