Light Source : Auto
Focal Length : 50.0 mm
Sensing Method : One-chip color area sensor

Merry Christmas, to all BPN comunity!!!
My best wishes for the new year!!!

Adrian.

Julie Kenward
12-24-2008, 11:30 AM
Nice one, Adrian, and Merry Christmas to you, too!

I really like this image. You did a wonderful job of showing the scale of the insect by putting it in the frame with a human hand. I also like that the entire image is done in shades of browns and beiges...it's very understated but still carries a punch.

I would suggest you look at tweaking the sharpening just a bit more - especially in the area of the eye and body - although it could be the entire thing needs a slight adjustment. Also, if you're so inclined, you could probably notch the contrast up just a bit so the whites and the blacks pop a bit more against all those nice brown tones.

The only (very minor) thing I would suggest is to consider cloning out the shadow of the antennae on the first finger...it isn't really strong enough to be a reflection so it ends up looking like a distraction instead. I'd either darken it or remove it.

Ed Vatza
12-24-2008, 03:49 PM
Hi Adrian,

I agree with most of what Julie said. I'm not sure that the head and body is unsharp or it the fact that the hand blurs and pulls the eye away from the head and body a bit. In either event, a very nice butterfly and very nice background. Nicely done, Adrian.

Merry Christmas.

Roman Kurywczak
12-25-2008, 10:41 AM
Hi Adrian,
I look at this more as something people should just enjoy........while not technically perfect......it does bring a smile to the face because of the interaction between the butterfly and the person.

Adrian David
12-25-2008, 01:02 PM
That photo, was taken a year ago, on 26 December 2007, in the Butterfly house, in Viena, Austria! That hand in the photo, is mine....so I have held the
camera one hand only, and I was a little shaky...:).
I'm glad that you've enjoyed it!!!