PDA

View Full Version : High Sierras

Dave Mills
12-23-2008, 09:13 PM
Nikon D300 16-85 lense F22 Tripod mtd 0 comp 200 iso
2 stop split applied
Hunted all around for a foreground in a clearing near the lake and looked up and saw the passing cloud formation...sometimes you get lucky!

denise ippolito
12-23-2008, 10:05 PM
Dave, This is a very appealing image-I like the cloud formation , I like the snow laced mountain and your placement of it in the frame-I like the fall colors at the base of the mountain they add a splash of color and your FG is interesting!

Roman Kurywczak
12-24-2008, 07:19 AM
Hey Dave,
Looks good all around. I don't mind the tree going out of frame......you picked a good spot to cut it and it points us at the mountain nicely. Perfect use of the ND too! Glad to see you got those KB up!

Robert Amoruso
12-24-2008, 12:06 PM
I would agree with the other's assessments. Well done all around Dave. I like how the cloud mimics and mirrors the shape of the peak.

Bogdan Coltea
01-01-2009, 05:28 AM
Very nice composition and light.

And a personal opinion:
I noticed in most of your landscapes softness in the middle ground and background, probably because you focus on the foreground and close down to min aperture.
Have you tried focusing at hyperfocal distances?
There is another intuitive rule that many landscape photographers use: focusing one third into the frame while closing at f16/22.

It's also possible that I interpret this wrongly because of the postprocessing you apply and the settings of my monitor.