PDA

View Full Version : Stubborn

Ed Vatza
12-23-2008, 05:37 PM
Some leaves just refuse to give it up and fall.

Canon 30D; Canon 24-70mm f/2.8L; handheld

1/250 sec @ f/4; ISO 400; +2/3 EV; AWB; FL 68mm; Natural light

Anita Bower
12-23-2008, 09:09 PM
Ed:

I enjoy the Beech leaves that hang on all winter. By the end of winter these leaves will be almost white. They add spots of warm color to otherwise grey woods.

Anita Bower

Mike Moats
12-23-2008, 11:14 PM
Hey Ed, I like this comp, and the nice warm feel in color of the leaves. Good job on the BG. Well done.

Ed Vatza
12-24-2008, 07:31 AM
Thanks Anita. Thanks, Mike.

I didn't particularly find the leaves an exciting subject while in the field but I really liked how the image turned out with the ice and all.

Julie Kenward
12-24-2008, 11:58 AM
You did an excellent job with this one, Ed! All the leaves are in focus AND the BG is nicely blurred. I really love the color of the BG against the color of the leaves...it's very calm and understated but has plenty of wow to it.

Ed Vatza
12-24-2008, 03:38 PM
Thanks, Jules. Glad you like this one. I appreciate all your coaching over the past year.

Merry Christmas.

denise ippolito
12-24-2008, 05:02 PM
Ed, A very nice composition w/ a beautiful BG-Nice details thru-out! Happy Holidays to you and your family!!! Eat plenty of Veggies tomorrow!!

Ed Vatza
12-24-2008, 05:22 PM
Ed, A very nice composition w/ a beautiful BG-Nice details thru-out! Happy Holidays to you and your family!!! Eat plenty of Veggies tomorrow!!

Thanks Denise and Happy Holidays to you and yours as well. (Hey we found a great vegetarian restaurant in Belmar - Kaya's Kitchen, only a heartbeat from Silver Lake.)

The menu for tomorrow includes vegetable lasagna, a mixed veggie casserole, cranberry salad, and, ready for this Roman, vegetarian holupki!

Roman Kurywczak
12-24-2008, 05:41 PM
.... ready for this Roman, vegetarian holupki![/quote]

Say it isn't so!!! That's sacriligious:eek:!

denise ippolito
12-24-2008, 05:49 PM
Ed, I'll have to try it out, I've been a vegetarian for 27 years and have lived at the shore for most of my adult life and have yet to find a good spot! Close to Silver Lake -sounds like a homerun-don't know what holupki is!

Roman Kurywczak
12-24-2008, 05:52 PM
Hey Denise,
Stuffed cabbage!

denise ippolito
12-24-2008, 05:55 PM
Good to know!

Ed Vatza
12-24-2008, 05:59 PM
Yes Roman, its true. I use a soy-based veggie crumble instead of grandma's ground beef/pork combo. Denise, holupki is a Ukrainian name for stuffed cabbage. We use a veggie crumble/rice mixture with sauteed onions in the rolled cabbage leaves. We cover them with saurkraut and tomato juice and cook them in the oven. Yum!

Kaya's Kitchen is in a small strip mall a half block west of Main Street in Belmar and just off 9th if my memory serves. I just drive straight from the playground along Silver Lake and we're there in about a minute. Its kind of a funky place but the food is really good.