PDA

View Full Version : First Post

Bill Coatney
01-19-2008, 12:35 PM
Found this site from reading a BAA bulletin and thought the only way to learn is to jump in.
Showed this to a friend at work and he said it reminded him of his ex wife, her sister and his ex mother in law--sounds like a tough crowd :D

So, here is my first image post. Any suggestions are welcomed

Jim Poor
01-19-2008, 05:10 PM
Hi and welcome! I really like the open mouth on the one in front. Usually, wing flaps are a good thing, but in this case I think it keeps the middle head from standing out enough.

The ex, mother-in-law, sister-in-law angle is funny!

Bill Coatney
01-19-2008, 07:02 PM
Thanks Jim
both for the welcome and the comments

The fella that made the comment has been married 4 or 5 times--
I asked why so many times and he said he was gonna keep getting married until he gets it right
You have to admire an optimist

Thanks again

Judd Patterson
01-20-2008, 08:56 AM
Hey there Bill, glad to have you on board! It's not an easy task to fit three of these long bills into a frame without clipping any of them off. Still, I think an improvement would be to add a little canvas to the left side so that the bill is not so close to the edge. Gotta love your friends analysis as well. :)

Oh, and we'd love to see some of the basic camera, lens, and exposure details along with your photograph. It can help us to offer suggestions!

George DeCamp
01-20-2008, 05:35 PM
Hi Bill!

Welcome to BPN and very nice first post as well. I am thinking the Pelican on the right was the mother in law?

A quick thought would be for some more room around the birds, the beak on the left should not be so close to the edge of the image. Tough to get a nice group shot and get them all posing the way you want, perhaps try a single bird if you can to really concentrate on proper composition. Still you did pretty well here and hope to see more from you!!