PDA

View Full Version : Paniculata

Aristotle Georgiou
12-23-2008, 06:00 AM
Hi to all,

I gathered a few of these leaves and arranged them the way I felt they meshed well together. Most of these leaves and buds are from Grey Ironbark (Eucalyptus paniculata). The tree grows to 35 meters tall. The buds flower in May to August and birds like honeyeaters and parrots flock in big numbers to feed on them.

Hope you like this view.

D200
150mm f/2.8
1/13's
f/20
ISO 400
External Flash

Merry Christmas & A Happy New Year

Mike Moats
12-23-2008, 11:12 PM
Hey Aristotle, I like the comp and combination of colors. I would clone out all the little white spots on the leaves and give it a cleaner look.

Ed Vatza
12-24-2008, 07:17 AM
I like the concept here, Aristotle but I wish the leaves would have been in better condition. It may be the look you were going for but they look too beat up for my eye.

Happy Holidays to you and yours down under in Oz.

Julie Kenward
12-24-2008, 12:05 PM
I like the leaves and can even tolerate most of the spots because that's the way they are in nature but I do with you had a bit more contrast in the image overall. It looks (on my monitor) to be a little washed out. I think an increase in the contrast would give it a lift!

Stuart Frohm
12-24-2008, 04:00 PM
Thanks not only for posting this very nice photo but also for including the information about the tree and the birds.
Most respectfully,
Stu

Aristotle Georgiou
12-24-2008, 07:08 PM
Thank you all very much for your comments.

One thing about Australian is the harsh sun light and heat. This make it extremely hard to find any leaves in good condition, even before they have fallen.

So If you decide to visit Australia one day, be prepared to look like a lobster :D