PDA

View Full Version : Night in the Everglades

Roman Kurywczak
12-23-2008, 02:05 AM
Lots of light po;uttion in the everglades........tough to do the PP on this one.......just finished doing some night photography with Paul Marcellini and his friend Rich.......I was out all day too! so I will get to responding to alll the posts tomorrow...........but for now.....here's one night image.
Mark 3 with the 17-40mm lens at 17mm ISO 6400 for 30 seconds at f4. FG Rocks painted with headlamp. Most are under water

Michael Pancier
12-23-2008, 11:02 AM
looks like the skies opened up for you ....

Robert Amoruso
12-23-2008, 08:55 PM
Eerie. Looks better at home on my calibrated monitor as I can now see the subtle graduations in the tones which is what makes the image. At work, it is muddled together.

Jackie Schuknecht
12-23-2008, 09:53 PM
This is really neat Roman. Did you have any noise before you did PP?

Roman Kurywczak
12-23-2008, 10:05 PM
This is really neat Roman. Did you have any noise before you did PP?

Oh yeah Jackie,
2 rounds of Noise Ninja.........sky and water......helped. I may go back and re-visit the FG some to lighten a bit more.......as it was 2am as i was finishing the PP'ing......I decided to go to bed instead. I will post the trails version of this tomorrow

denise ippolito
12-23-2008, 10:12 PM
Roman, These shots amaze me-Can they be done in NJ anywhere-maybe Highpoint?

Roman Kurywczak
12-23-2008, 10:18 PM
Roman, These shots amaze me-Can they be done in NJ anywhere-maybe Highpoint?
Hey Denise,
I'm not sure...high point may work.....pine barrens......great swamp......maybe at the beach facing East......but there is hope........there was a ton of light pollution in this scene and I will post a star trail one tomorrow......I was very surprised that it worked!

Ed Cordes
12-25-2008, 10:41 PM
Very nice! I like the light painting of the rocks.