PDA

View Full Version : Nor'easter take 2

Grady Weed
12-22-2008, 08:10 PM
Canon EOS 5D, Shooting Date/Time: 12/21/2008 11:48:53, Shutter Speed 1/100Sec. Av(Aperture Value) F11, Evaluative metering, Exposure Compensation +1 1/3, ISO 400, Lens: EF28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM, Focal Length 38.0 mm. 85 % of frame here from real close up. Cropped for a 11x14 print.

Hand held while freezing! Same setting, place and etc as the last post. After this one, we split. It took us 2 1/2 hours for a typical 1 1/4 hour drive back to the house. It actually got almost too dangerous by the time we did get home.

Fabs Forns
12-22-2008, 08:39 PM
Brrrrr, nice sense of coldness.

Love the interesting foreground. Ideally, the rocks would not intercept with the building, not sure if you could have gone higher to prevent that.

Robert Amoruso
12-22-2008, 09:04 PM
Grady,

Interesting and different composition of one of your favorite subjects. I would agree that the rock and building intersection is problematic of this otherwise well-thought-out comp. The opposing diagonals of the rocks (FG) and slope (middle ground) work well. Also the more detailed FG rocks add depth to the image.

Roman Kurywczak
12-23-2008, 10:59 AM
Hey Grady,
Pretty sure only way to get rid of merge.........is ladder........not sure a good idea in cold like that. I like the tones you have captured........I may have to get up there in Feb......and join you in the freezing.

Grady Weed
12-23-2008, 11:55 AM
The rocks hide the people, or parked cars that people park close, because they cant or wont walk like ordinary people. There is also an older building where they store the bicycle rack out side and chain link fencing that would be ugly in the frame. In short, it is hiding the ugly hand of man. A ladder might be inviting a broken leg. Ice forms because the wind blows water spray right there at the base of the rocks. But I appreciate the comments and suggestions.

Michael Pancier
12-23-2008, 02:08 PM
The composition is perfect here. were you on the fence, or did you brave a climb down to the rocks.?