PDA

View Full Version : Not Another Leaves In Ice Shot

Mike Moats
12-22-2008, 03:54 PM
I'm starting to run out of leaves in ice images. So there won't be many more until I go out and shot again. Might be awhile now that we just got about 10 inches of snow in the last few days.

Fuji S5, Sigma 180 macro, Tripod, Natural Light, f/32
PS Elements 2.0

denise ippolito
12-22-2008, 04:00 PM
Mike -This is one of my favorites-I like the pattern formed by the ice, I also like the little hole in leaf w/ fibers showing thru- Love the color tones as always

Mike Moats
12-22-2008, 04:10 PM
Thanks Denise, wasn't sure how this one would go over compared to the last few.

Mike Fuhr
12-22-2008, 04:52 PM
Mike: I think this one is my favorite, as well. The distinct ice crystals really make for some neat detail and add to the overall composition. Nice!

Aristotle Georgiou
12-23-2008, 06:05 AM
Love it!

The composition is perfect, detail is superb, DOF is spot on and love how the ice frames the leaf.

Great work Mike!

Grady Weed
12-23-2008, 05:51 PM
This is your best for sure Mike. The reason; the color of the leaf, the details in the leaf, specifically the lines, the ice crystals interlacing etc. Spectacularly done. You the man in macro!

Ed Vatza
12-24-2008, 07:20 AM
Love the texture and pattern in the ice on this one. This is more of an ice shot to me and the ice has so much character. Great capture.

Happy holidays to you and yours, Mike. And thanks for all the help over the past year.

higginb
12-30-2008, 09:10 PM
Hi Mike,

I really like your photography. You have a great eye for detail. I know that you used natural light in this shot, but did you use a reflector(s) to create the strong highlights?

Do you use reflectors or a diffusor frequently, infrequently or never?

Thanks for sharing your shots.

Bill