PDA

View Full Version : ProJPEG

michael
12-22-2008, 02:36 PM
I have downloaded the plugin ProJPEG with the intention of using it to prepare images for the web. I have installed the plugin in the filter folder but cannot get photoshop to recognise it. I have tried it in Photoshop CS3 and CS4 with no success. I am using a Mac pro with leopard. I have followed all the trouble shooting advice given with the download.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thank you

Michael

Robert O'Toole
12-22-2008, 09:02 PM
I have downloaded the plugin ProJPEG with the intention of using it to prepare images for the web. I have installed the plugin in the filter folder but cannot get photoshop to recognise it. I have tried it in Photoshop CS3 and CS4 with no success. I am using a Mac pro with leopard. I have followed all the trouble shooting advice given with the download.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thank you

Michael

I always thought plugins go in the plugin folder?

Try this :
ibrary\Applications\Adobe Photoshop CS3..(or 4).. \Plug-Ins

Most plugins come with an installer program to prevent this type of problem.

Hope this helps.

Robert

michael
12-23-2008, 03:11 AM
Hello Robert

Thank you for your suggestion, I installed the plugin in the filter folder because that was what was in the "read me" notes. I agree with you and I subsequently tried it in the plugins folder but without success.

Michael

Charles Glatzer
12-23-2008, 10:05 AM
Michael,

It is not a Filter, put it in Plug-ins > File formats. It will appear in the drop down menu when you go to save the image.

Chas

michael
12-23-2008, 06:15 PM
Hello Chas

Thank you for the info, I have just received an e-mail from Boxtop Software advising that they are behind with their plugin updates and that at present ProJPEG will not work with the mac versions of CS3 or CS4.

Michael

Charles Glatzer
12-23-2008, 06:50 PM
Hello Chas

Thank you for the info, I have just received an e-mail from Boxtop Software advising that they are behind with their plugin updates and that at present ProJPEG will not work with the mac versions of CS3 or CS4.

Michael

That does not make sense as it is a format....all others work on both platforms. Did you try as I suggested?

Chas

michael
12-24-2008, 03:09 AM
Hello Chas

I tried what you suggested before I received the e-mail from Boxtop Software and I have just tried it again, that is putting it in File Formats, and it does not work for either CS3 or CS4.

Michael

Charles Glatzer
12-24-2008, 11:03 AM
Hello Chas

I tried what you suggested before I received the e-mail from Boxtop Software and I have just tried it again, that is putting it in File Formats, and it does not work for either CS3 or CS4.

Michael

Sorry to here that, it works wonderfully. I hope they get it straightened out for the MAC crowd ASAP.

Chas