PDA

View Full Version : Steppe Buzzard in South Africa

Rosl Roessner
12-22-2008, 07:13 AM
Driving along the R27 at the West Coast of South Africa, I was able to get this image of a Steppe Buzzard.
Had no time to remove the Converter, so I am not sure, if there is enough space for the bird in the picture?

But - I am sure, you know - the bird won't wait for me, changing the equipment...

Mark III
Canon 500 + 1.7 TC
f 4 / 1/2500 sec / ISO 800

Tony House
12-22-2008, 05:24 PM
Yes a bit tight in frame but it works for me, exposure looks very nice as does the detail. Curious to know why ISO 800 when you had such good light?

Cograts on a very nice image.
Tony

Glenda Simmons
12-22-2008, 08:08 PM
Nice job on getting a handsome pose. Sharp image. I think the background compliments the bird.

Rosl Roessner
12-23-2008, 01:54 AM
Thank you for looking at my image.
Yes, did not had the need to use ISO 800. I didn't had enough time to change anything: not to remove the Converter and not to change the settings. The last pictures I made before were young owls in the dark trees, so that's why I switched to ISO 800. Then we drove along the road, as my husband suddenly stopped the car for me, to make that image of the buzzard. I had no time to prepare the picture.
But - anyway, with the Mark III, there is no problem to use ISO 800...

Lana Hays
12-23-2008, 07:28 PM
Rosl
Beautiful bird. I never get used to calling them buzzards. I always grew up calling the vultures "buzzards". It may be tight....but it would take much to add some canvas. Wonderful pose and eye contact. Well done.

titus.ebbecke
12-31-2008, 05:27 PM
Great shot Rosl,
Love the colours and the details.