PDA

View Full Version : Bosque rainbow

Nancy A Elwood
12-21-2008, 10:51 PM
I hoped it would come out ok, and in the end I am fairly happen:). What do you think?

http://www.naturesportal.net/photos/440785439_PzWoH-L.jpg

D. Robert Franz
12-22-2008, 05:54 PM
Beautiful light and a good strong rainbow. Not a lot of FG interest here but the mountains are very nice. I would have liked to either see the entire rainbow or crop in on a part of the rainbow with some mountains more prevelant...

Nancy A Elwood
12-22-2008, 06:11 PM
Dale maybe I will give a vertical crop with less FG a go.

D. Robert Franz
12-22-2008, 06:13 PM
Dale maybe I will give a vertical crop with less FG a go.

Yes give it a try. I assume your wide angle with a crop camera wouldn't cover the whole rainbow...

Fabs Forns
12-22-2008, 08:40 PM
I think the left part of the frame would be awesome as a vertical.

Robert Amoruso
12-22-2008, 08:59 PM
Very cool Nancy and the light is beautiful. The vertical crop is a good idea and will accentuate the most important attributes of the image.

Roman Kurywczak
12-23-2008, 10:50 AM
Hi Nancy,
I cropped a bit all around......as while I agree with the others above that the vert will still probably be stronger than the crop I am going to present.........I also did a multiplied layer on the sky and a slight levels adjustment on the FG. This crop will just give you another option to explore. I have to say it.......because I always recommend it........the use of the soft Grad ND in the field.........would have yielded very similar results. The multiplied layer tutorial can be found at the top of the landscape forum under a sticky by Robert titled; Image contrast and tonal range tweaks. You find it under blend modes.
Let me know your thoughts.

Nancy A Elwood
12-23-2008, 04:13 PM
Hi Nancy,
I cropped a bit all around......as while I agree with the others above that the vert will still probably be stronger than the crop I am going to present.........I also did a multiplied layer on the sky and a slight levels adjustment on the FG. This crop will just give you another option to explore. I have to say it.......because I always recommend it........the use of the soft Grad ND in the field.........would have yielded very similar results. The multiplied layer tutorial can be found at the top of the landscape forum under a sticky by Robert titled; Image contrast and tonal range tweaks. You find it under blend modes.
Let me know your thoughts.

Roman great minds work together:). That was the crop I had worked out last night. The vertical was ok, but I just could not get the rainbow and the vertical to work out. And guess what I had a 3 stop graduated ND in my bag, but the rainbow was appearing and disappearing so I thought to take the image and work on it in pp. But, I do agree the Graduated ND filters are great! Thanks for the repost! I like it a lot!:D