PDA

View Full Version : Mallard (Female) Part II

Rene' Villela
12-21-2008, 05:51 AM
On this shot you can see the feathers better. hopefully you can help me to ID her coz I'm afraid I could be wrong!

On this shot I made sure the bracelet is not showing! :) Let me know if that is cheating! Also I did some PP to it. The image was too center and it is almost full frame. I cropped on the right and I added canvas on the left. Then I cloned the added canvas. I just wanna make sure I've done a decent job since this is the first time I did something as hard as that! Well, it is hard for me! :)

Again, wings positions is very important to me at the moment. Thank you for your comments and advices! Cheers!

PS. I tried a portrait crop but I felt it was too crowded. I am not sure if adding canvas could be a good option in a case like this.

D300 - AF-S 300 f/4, AP wide opened, 1/2500 sec, ISO 200, EV -0.7, Spot metering.

Harold Davis
12-21-2008, 08:21 AM
everything you spoke about looks great to me! love the wing position and the placement of the bird in the frame. looks like it could need just a very slight contrast boost?

Joe Senzatimore
12-21-2008, 08:47 AM
Great action. The water drops make the shot work. Comp. looks good.

Axel Hildebrandt
12-21-2008, 09:40 AM
Cool pose and action. For my taste the bird is too far in the right corner and I would like to see the surface of the water. Might work as vertical, too.

It doesn't look like a mallard to me, maybe a female pintail.

Juan Carlos Vindas
12-21-2008, 11:57 AM
Really nice looking duck!
To me the blurred wing adds life to the image. Very good job.

Julie Kenward
12-21-2008, 01:50 PM
I think it's lovely but agree that seeing some of the water's surface would help the comp and adding a touch more of contrast would make the bird "pop" against that beautiful blue BG. Beautiful action image!

Arthur Morris
12-21-2008, 03:07 PM
Love the wing position, love the splash, love the perfect head angle and EXP, and love the COMP. And love the puzzled look on her face. She is a hen Northern Pintail....

Rene' Villela
12-21-2008, 07:19 PM
Thanks everyone! Uhmm! I have a little problem here, you see, the BG is the water surface. it was really calm and had no reflections at that split second. The bird is just about 3 feet over the water. I guess some PP to the BG would make it look more like water but I am not up to it yet! Cheers!

Mike Lentz
12-21-2008, 08:02 PM
Yeppers, Hen Pinny! I'd consider a verticle crop/comp. I like the action in the image.

IvoZafirov
12-26-2008, 04:02 PM
A lot of energy in this capture! By the way it is not a mallard female but a pintale female.