PDA

View Full Version : Time

Roman Kurywczak
12-20-2008, 10:01 PM
I don't know what the heck is going on in my head.........but this is one thing I was pretty sure I would never do. I was driving home from the glades photographing my billionth sunset.......not spectacular but loved every minute of it........another almost! Maybe it's the fact that I have been out there....countless times.......with more almosts than I can remember. Such is the life of a landscape photographer (which is why I took up birds an animals......higher success rate). They are never failures............although some would look at it that way.......I always look at it as a wonderful day out........trying to capture the most remarkable image I can........often times so close..........I can taste it. Maybe its the lack of sleep..........maybe it is yet another almost......these thoughts came to my head as I was driving back to my sister in laws house.....where family/smiling faces awaited....unaware of my almost......and I wrote them down. Not meant to be depressing......just enlightening to try........as I am here......something which I never thought I would........or maybe it's just the beer:D!
Here goes;

Time

Not friend or foe
Always Unyielding
Ridiculed and feared
Mostly ignored
Rich or poor
No man can buy it
Frivolously wasted
Yet held most priceless
Rushed in Youth
Reflected in twilight
Neither fast nor slow
Relentless all the same
How spent
Is its only reward
Ever silently approaching
More vainly pursued
Darkness imminent
It gives no quarter
After its passing
What will time tell?

Julie Kenward
12-21-2008, 09:56 AM
Hey, Lance...we bagged another one! :D:):D

You big strong photographer men...you all melt my heart when you show up here!

I think your reflections are spot on, Roman and, as I was reading, I couldn't see the image beneath the words until I scrolled down...and the whole time I was thinking "Oh please let there be one of his star trail images to go with this!!!"

Both are wonderful in their own right but both together? Superb!

Lance Warley
12-21-2008, 01:34 PM
Hi Five, Julie!!!!

It was good to meet you at Wako Friday, Roman. Give me a shout if you're going to come up to Wako or GC while you're down here. 561-945-2074.

Your poem is great and the photo complements it perfectly. Doesn't look like the glades, though :)

Roman Kurywczak
12-22-2008, 10:28 AM
Hey Jules,
You cracked me up with the men photog line...and thanks for the other nice words too.
I may go out tonight to fix that little issue tonight Lance......let's see if the clouds cooperate.
If I go out tonight.......may not want to get up that early to Wako......I'll PM or call you if I am coming up tommorow am.

Roger Clark
12-22-2008, 11:00 AM
Roman,
Beautiful poem and image. Looks like about an hour exposure. What lens and body? I know the spot well. Was the light on the rocks from passing cars?

Roger

Roman Kurywczak
12-22-2008, 11:21 AM
Roman,
Beautiful poem and image. Looks like about an hour exposure. What lens and body? I know the spot well. Was the light on the rocks from passing cars?

Roger

Hey Roger,
The lens was the Canon 17-40 with the Mark 3 body. Iso was 400.....as while I was doing my test painting....couldn't get enough light on it.........also a bit of luck........cloud bounce from the city of Moab.....clouds were only behind me. If i remember correctly.........painting with a 10 million candle power flashlight for over 2 minutes........thnak God no cars........as they would have passed through the frame in the distant center.....around 4 am when the hour exposure finished.

Arsdel Fluesmeier
01-11-2009, 03:28 PM
This is spectacular!!!!