PDA

View Full Version : Not A Creature Was Stirring

Julie Kenward
12-20-2008, 07:48 PM
Man but it's cold here in Missouri! I went out looking for some of the season's first ice images and realized I need better gloves, a thicker coat and more layers of socks if I'm going to go out in weather this bad! I did manage to fire off a couple of images of a frozen lake where, just last week, I saw over 100 Canada geese. Today...nothing.

I took the image and applied an Orton Effect and then readjusted the color balance to pull back the yellow tones and bring out the blues. I thought that looked pretty good but then realized the trees needed more definition so I threw in my favorite Illustrated action, brought down the opacity a bit, added a screen layer and burned the BG on the left side back down using a mask.

Paul Lagasi
12-20-2008, 09:37 PM
Julie, I just love this effect..I've tried many times using Artistc feature in PS but will now have to learn this technique......Paul
p.s. The Forest Floor rocks...

denise ippolito
12-20-2008, 09:40 PM
Jules, This is one of your best OOTB posts I've seen-Big congrats!! I love the use of the orton combined w/just the right amount of illustration to a perfectly composed shot-well done

Gus Cobos
12-21-2008, 07:11 AM
This is a Christmas post card Julie...a big congrats...well done...:cool:

Fabs Forns
12-21-2008, 09:29 AM
Very lovely Jules, as I was telling Paul, flowers and landscapes are the best subjects for this effect. Proud of you!

Julie Kenward
12-21-2008, 10:12 AM
I'm so glad you all liked it because I froze vital body parts off getting it!!! :eek::eek::eek: