PDA

View Full Version : Great Swamp

Eric Driver
12-20-2008, 06:47 PM
Traveled only about 10 minutes to get to the Great Swamp Overlook in New Jersey. This is home to 244 species of birds including Northern Harriers and Red headed woodpeckers. They have a website with the full list if you would like to visit.

This photo was not the greatest, i just wanted to give everyone an idea of the overlook, but comments are welcome.<O:p</O:p

denise ippolito
12-20-2008, 09:42 PM
If it were mine I would add more contrast in the sky and take the horizon out of the dead center-but this is a lovely photo-thanks for the visual-Did you see anything of interest on your visit?

Roman Kurywczak
12-21-2008, 06:33 PM
Hey Eric,
Know the area well........with very limited success with images.........because it isn't the easiest to get around in. The blinds aren't the best either.......may be good for birders........but decent photo ops are tough to come by......other than frogs/insects and such. I have seen many of the species you mention there.....but even with my 800mm.....tough to get clean.

Eric Driver
12-21-2008, 07:06 PM
Very true Roman...I have not had any great captures there either because there are not many trails to take. Although there is much land most of it is private. Fun to visit though.

Dave Mills
12-21-2008, 08:36 PM
I thought I would try and give the image more life. Used Shad/hlts to bring up the sky, sharpened and added more saturation. Since it was such a low res image there is alot of artifacts in the sky. I also cropped the tree off the right. As Roman states frequentlly a split neutral density filter here would of probably given you more definition in the sky.